LE 3 assets import :

YouGroove

Well when beginning a new project, all 3D assets are by default the core assets of LE3 ( scripts, models etc ... )

So if we change some Script or model of the existing assets, they it will be changed definitively for any project that will use them.

For example :

If you modify Player.lua, AI.lua or anything else, it will be changed definitively for any new project you will start :(

Should not LE 3 do like Unity and propose some Assets import ?

So you will never change or modify original working Assets could it be 3D or script or whatever ?

It's not cool to have Assets original of LE 3 dev kit , always referenced even in a new project you start.

We should be able to have some import button and list to import original assets in the directory of our new projects .

Stop toying and make games

If you want to modify the project templates, you can copy files into the Editor/Templates/Common folder. I don't want user changes to go back to the original templates, because those are supposed to be a clean template you can always start fresh from if you mess something up too badly.

Leadwerks 3 is quite different from Unity. Once you learn our concepts and workflow I think you will find everything is well thought-out and makes sense.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Why does it say Templates, when there is no way to have more than 1 template?

I think there should subfolders under Templates, one for each custom template, so people could create and share their game templates.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

@ Rick :

Strange but it seems to work like that ?

When creating a new project, it always create all needed assets folder, but only take some of them.

Fro example Goblin and barbarian models are not copied ?

FRom where come these assets that are copied by default in a new project ? (from the game projects ?)

Strange ?

So yes modifying assets of the game will impact any new project you create.

So perhaps these assets should be put in some "Original Assets" directory that you would never modify.

Stop toying and make games