Failed to initialize debugger ?

YouGroove

It doesn't require an internet connection, but the application must have access to your local network. The editor communicates with your game via networking within the local machine.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Same problem arrgghhhh :(

Put in Win 7 LE 3 as administrator , the firewall don't block it , what is the problem :( ?

Would it be possible to avoid that way of working ? just launch the Exe of the game when not debugging ?

I never had such problem with some other 3D engines.

Stop toying and make games

This happens if the debug server cannot be initialized. It tries to use port '1234'. What I can do is add a config setting to change the debugger port to something else.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Can it be a way to work without network access ?

I would see some "COMPILE" button

than some "RUN" button.

I don't matter if i have to press 2 buttons each time if it can compile the program and if i can launch it.

I don't think is good for future customers to have such problems and to have to changes some port settings just to run small examples ?

(like i said , in other 3D engines, you just run the game, why should it be more complicated ?)

Anyway, thanks :)

I'll try if i can find some debug files, server, or config or anything ?

Stop toying and make games

We can also make the debugger try several ports silently, just in case one is taken. It's important for the editor to be able to communicate with the game executable because this lets you even debug Lua in your own C++ applications.