Leadwerks 3 soft launch

Josh

That cannot be done at the price you would like. It's another big block of research and development, and I just finished a two year cycle.

That's what I can officially support and document right now. I will post my BlitzMax binding code, but it's not compliant with the API and docs.[/font][/color]

* why a "big block of research and development" ? all we want is a LE2 graphics technology driver for LE3 with LE2 capabilities. I guess you want to create in 2 other years something that will be AAAAAAA+ with tesselation, etc ... and I believe you can; but LE2 visuals, lighting and shadows are AAA and still outperforms most of what currently exists, so what's the point ?

* Who cares official support for other languages ? We did without it sofar. The question is will LE3 ship with a DLL ?

* Last question ... sorry to ask. Once the new pricing scheme is set, how much will you charge for 3.1, 3.2 ? (wet cat fears cold water after the shower wink.png ) But maybe this question has to wait the news pricing sheme.

Windows 7 home - 32 bits

Intel Quad Q6600 - nVidia GTX 460 1GB - 2 GB RAM

There is a big difference between getting a graphical feature working and knowing how to do it, and turning that into a finished product with documentation, testing, a user interface, and making the implementation clean enough the engine doesn't become unmaintainable. I'd say the front-end stuff is probably three or four times as time consuming as the back-end.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.