Animation distorts model

Rick

I seem to remember seeing this before but can't remember how to solve it. I purchased https://picasaweb.google.com/112624477027860576345/FemaleWarrior?feat=flashslideshow#5627993886575515010 and converted the FBX in UU3D to GMF. When it's not animated in the model viewer it looks just fine. No red or anything so I seem to remember that telling me the mat files are setup correctly. However, when I play animation the model gets all distorted to the point of being unrecognizable and the view looks like it's zoomed in and it's just all messed up. Anyone have any ideas?

Yeah, happens to me too, quite a lot with outsourced models... Try loading some different format in uu3d -> gmf... usualy another file format solves my problems.. another solution i found with some problematic .x files from TGC, was to use fragmotion and export them as .smd (halflife2), then the uu3d -> gmf conversion worked like a charm.. but try loading first a different format in uu3d.. (i'm assuming there's more than fbx)

Yes it must be some conventions when exporting from FBX to some engines editor :

- having a bone in 0,0,0 all time

- Some reset Rot/scale of bones or mesh

Because you use UU3D and use GMF format some stuff may be loosed or not well kept perhaps.

Try google search.

Is it your model in Bender ? i could have a look if it was the case.

What software do you to animate ?

Stop toying and make games

Well the model editor allows alo to extract animations sequences, so it could need it someday.

But ok if all is fine smile.png

Do you use Lua or C++ ?

If lua , do you what means that code ?

function EnemyForEachEntityInAABBDoCallback(entity,extra)

if extra.goblinai.target==nil then

What is goblinai and what is target ?

Stop toying and make games