Important Update

Josh

There's an update available now. This compiles the Framework commands into the main engine so that Lua can access the entire framework command set. C++ programs will now more closely resemble the results you see in the editor, because water, sky, and other settings can be controlled with Lua and any programming language.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Woohooo! That was the biggest thing I expected to happen, but I did not expect it to come that fast! Now I don't have to bother with Visual Studio or stuff, after some amount of work, I will be able to do everything on the engine at real time! I think this is fantastic.

example02.lua doesn't work

it does work when ran from the editor... but then you get that annoying double editor screen...

and it also works outside of the editor if ran just from the standalone script editor without having the LE editor open, but you have to change one line:

camera=fw.main.camera

to

camera=fw.Main.camera

Apparently another issue with lua being case sensitive.

but if you try to run it again with the editor open, then you have to change it back to the lower case version.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I found where was problem. Because LUA is case sensitive and I had wrong class/properties name of framework ( Josh fix naming to same for all languages).

Now my ActionSnake works again. <_< Today will be updated on my server.

[HW] C2D Q6600, 4GB RAM, NV8800GTX, Vista Ultimate x64

[sW] Blide Plus, BlitzMax, Delphi, C++, 3DWS 5.53, Leadwerks 2.xx

76561197970156808.pngAndyGFX.png

I found where was problem. Because LUA is case sensitive and I had wrong class/properties name of framework ( Josh fix naming to same for all languages).

Now my ActionSnake works again. <_< Today will be updated on my server.

looking forward to it... quick question tho, what files do we need to add to get the program to work? anyway of providing an executable?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

looking forward to it... quick question tho, what files do we need to add to get the program to work? anyway of providing an executable?

Which program?

[HW] C2D Q6600, 4GB RAM, NV8800GTX, Vista Ultimate x64

[sW] Blide Plus, BlitzMax, Delphi, C++, 3DWS 5.53, Leadwerks 2.xx

76561197970156808.pngAndyGFX.png