Soft Body Physics

fumanshoo

Huh blink.png why a 8800 ? it's a 2007 graphics card and the minimum requirement. Why would someone in 2012 buy a 5 years old graphics card ? I'm missing something ?

On the other hand it'll force you to optimize the game FPS and make sure it's playable on old boards.

And it's still more powerful than 90% of the trash PCs they sell at Best Buy.

I'm getting an Alienware X51 because I don't have the time to make a desk and I want a fresh new start with my computer. Also, it's really nice looking and I can upgrade the graphics card to the GeForce 8800. Hoping that I can get $200 for Christmas rolleyes.gif Can't wait to get animations in here and not have it run at 15 FPS all the time haha

You don't have to build it yourself. Just go to Fry's Electronics, pick out the parts you want (or ask for help) and then pay them $60 to assemble it. You can build a supercomputer for like $500.

Why do people make such horrible purchasing decisions with PCs? They've got a million excuses why they need to buy a ****ty computer for more money. Everyone I talk to isn't just ignorant, they are determined to pay the most money for the worst possible machine.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I wouldn't call it ignorance, it's more stubborn than ignorance haha. Ive built two computers but they where really old and looked nothing like any modern computer' interior. Plus the X51's chassis is classy. I won't budge when it comes to buying the Alienware because I've always wanted one, but what do you all recommend I but as far as the graphics card goes. I've never purchased a graphics card and the only reason I went with the 8800 was because it was complatible with the X51 and because it was listed on the LE page. I'll buy what ever graphics card works best with LE and is compatible with the X51.

$36 for a 600 watt power supply:

http://www.frys.com/product/6690454

I don't like the 640. The specs looks good, but it looks like a mobile card:

http://www.geforce.c...s/geforce-gt640

When you make things smaller, the performance is never as good. I played Left 4 Dead 2 on my iMac for months. When I switched back to Windows for my primary gaming machine, I could actually see the bullets flying by and everything was so much faster. My skills got way better overnight.

It's time to man up and build a desktop machine. laugh.png

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I suppose you're right. I have always been more of a gameplay > graphics kinda guy, but I guess I should listen to the guy providing me with an awesome game engine haha. The chassis that are on frys.com don't look half as bad as I had expected and they sell some pretty inexpensive hardware. I'll look into it smile.png

When buying nVidia cards if you want good graphics performance never buy anything in the GT series with less than the digits 60 at the end! So GT460 or higher, GT560 or higher, GT660 or higher ...

• Upvote 2

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++