.fbx With Animations

fumanshoo

Leadwerks ships with fbx2gmf.exe which is in the tools directory. Some words of wisdom / stupid mistakes I have made...

Blender exports hidden objects

Converted gmfs look for a dds texture with the same name you specified in blender

If you are using Skinning be sure to set the material that supports it

No, I've converted it. I've gotten my mesh into the model viewer using .fbx and .obj (converted then into .gmf of course), it's just that the animations wont work. Sorry for not clarifying there... and I'm buying UU3D ASAP. I've been saving up for quite a while and i'm exited to use it.smile.png

And as for you, Chris, I made the same mistake millions of times and learned the hard way how to fix it.But you have to export the rig as well, am I right? Just making sure...

I've got converting .blend to .obj to .gmf down pretty solid and the textures work and everything, but .fbx is giving me some trouble. Textures don't work using .fbx but that doesn't matter really right now. I just want some animation to make this scene more interesting to be honest. If you could tell me if converting textures with .fbx is different with .obj that'd be nice though...

The bones are exported by default with gmf. If you save a obj you will lose your bones. You have to go from blend to gmf. Blender 2.64 redid a lot of there collada stuff but i havn't tried it out. Be sure that your material has skinning on.

texture0="abstract::crawler.dds"

texture1="abstract::crawlerdot3.dds"

shader="abstract::mesh_bumpmap_skin.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap_specular.frag"

shadowshader="abstract::mesh_shadow_skin.vert"

• Upvote 1

yeah, I'm using .obj for things like architecture and what not. And testing what Chris said right about now.

wait, Chris. What do you mean by "you have to go from .blend to .gmf"? The median is .fbx, correct? Or am I missing out on some freaking awesome software that converts .blend directly to .gmf? 0.o

ok, I've made progress but ran into another problem. I used a whole different mesh because the one that I gave you was rather complicated, so I used a separate one. The less complicated one says that it has 250 keyframes of animation and the bones are moving but the mesh it's self is not moving. Also, the texture is coming up as the weight paints... I'll send it over....

• 4 weeks later...