Nothing is Working!

lickylicky

I've had Leadwerks for a few months now, and it's been working fine with no problems, but just a few days ago, ( three I think ) every application for Leadwerks stopped working. With the editor, it shows the splash screen and then opens the window and then turns off and then all the other applications open the window and then turn off. I really learned a lot in the past few months thanks to Leadwerks and it'd be a shame if it died on me.

just thought i might add that i've restarted my computer twice and that didn't work.

I know I am old and everything, can someone remind me how long the 30 Day evaluation lasts for?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

I know I am old and everything, can someone remind me how long the 30 Day evaluation lasts for?

Haha wink.png But yes the evaluation will only last for so long. And you really need to get the developer licence to continue. Personally I think it is very good and worth your while.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

I don't have a 30 day trial. I bought the software for $200 and had to create a new profile because it would not let me sign in despite the fact that I used the right password. I contacted the support e-mail and haven't gotten a response.

That explains why i'm not signed in as a developer, but it doesn't explain why I can't use this amazing software.

I used the password recovery and that didn't work, so I thought i'd rather not ask Josh for anything else. It's not that I don't remember my password, it's that the damn thing just wont work. I've contacted Josh for too many things too many times so I decided being pesky as hell wouldn't help me any.

I just don't see how becoming a developer will get Leadwerks to work again.

why cant you do a clean install? the install is done by a separate program that uses your registration code that you recieve when you buy LE... if you do not have that, then more than likely you were still using the 30 day evaluation and thats why its not running any more...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

er... huh? you said in the previous post that you didnt have the updater because you didnt download it... and now that you don't have access to your developer account, you can't download it... now you are saying you just installed LE on august 13th? some of your posts are starting to contradict each other...

macklebee's channel

There is a difference between the evaluation version and the current SDK install for developers. The only way to get the developer SDK was through the updater and your registration code. So if you didn't have that, then you only installed the 30 day trial. There's no other way to get the dev's SDK.

macklebee's channel

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the installer for Leadwerks is a sort of updater. I used the updater to get Leadwerks and not too long after I got Leadwerks, I couldn't sign in as a developer.

I have the e-mail that Josh sent me when I bought the software. The e-mail contained a link to the updater, but no registration code in the e-mail. I don't recall if the updater has a registration code with it, but I do know that I don't have the evaluation version.

well if you have the updater, which you said you did not previously, then just run that program again and it will install the latest SDK. If you are talking about the installer that you grab from the product page here then that is just the 30 day evaluation.

macklebee's channel

When did I say that?

... can't clean install because i'm not signed in as a developer... and I can't sign in as a developer because my account won't work...

the first thing I learned about Leadwerks was that installing it needed an e-mail from josh that contains an executable. I saved the link and that lead me to the leadwerks updater. In order to install the updater, I must be a developer

yes... i know about the link to the asset store. What i am telling you, the only way you could have installed the ACTUAL SDK is by downloading the updater from the asset store, using your registration code, and then running the updater to install the SDK. If you did not do any of that, then you must have only been using the evaluation version.

I am seriously starting to question whether or not you are either the most dedicated troll/pirate to ever exist or there's been a serious head injury in your recent past....blink.png

macklebee's channel

Not a troll, not a pirate, no serious head injuries, just a kid way over his head trying to learn. What i'm saying is that in order to get Leadwerks, I payed $200, I downloaded the updater from the asset store, I used the registration code, and then ran the updater to install the SDK. Leadwerks no longer works and I can't download the updater because I can not sign in as a developer.

ok... if you downloaded the updater then its on your computer... if its on your computer you do not need to even be signed into LE. The updater uses your registration code to download the latest SDK. Has nothing to do with being logged onto the website.

seems strange that your story changes each time you are given new information... dry.png

macklebee's channel