Leadwerks Editor more Paint Layer?

Combining decals and vegetation layers, which of course are not just limited to vegetation but will work with any model, does increase the flexibility. Decals unfortunately are very expensive on the frame rate so you need to use these sparingly. The base layer can be used to give some subtle variation to texture layers too.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I guess while we're at it, can someone please explain to me what the base layer is and how to use it (or point me in the right direction)? I only know of the 5 layers in the editor.

Edit: If I understand reading up on this in the forums, I guess the base layer is the first of the 5 layers, that covers everything.

Edit: If I understand reading up on this in the forums, I guess the base layer is the first of the 5 layers, that covers everything.

Yep. The base layer is the 'bottom' one, sorta speak. Then, use the 'Blend' slider in your other texture layers to blend the current texture layer with the Base layer. smile.png

Cheers

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3