Editor stretching weirdly on fullscreen

afecelis

Hi guys,

When I set the editor to full screen the scene and meshes in it get stretched in a weird way:

weird_stretch.jpg

This didn't happen prior to latest major 2.3 sync. It goes back to normal when I restore the window down to its previous state. Are you guys getting it too? Can it be a display error if you got a 16:9 resolution?

cheers,

Alvaro

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

you have two directional lights in the scene. you cannot have this at the moment. See this post in the bug tracker.

In any case, General Discussion is not the place for these types of posts. Questions on how to do something in LE or an issue you are having with LE should be posted in one of the private forums that is most closely related to your issue. The two public forums, General Discussion, and Showcase, are meant to allow open discussions about things not necessarily related to LE, questions about if LE can do this from non-SDK Owners, and people showing off what they have accomplished in LE. But not technical questions on how to accomplish something in LE or issues you are having. The third public forum is for 3D World Studio and its public because not everyone that uses 3DWS uses LE.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

There should be a private "Engine Discussion" forum. "General Programming" doesn't apply to such things.

since he is doing this in the editor he could have put it in the Editor forum... not to mention the topic of the post is "Editor stretching weirdly fullscreen"

macklebee's channel

lol, Mack, you should be a forum moderator.

no thank you! :) already do that on two other forums...

and all I am doing is pointing out that all SDK owners need to start being more observant when they are putting info/questions or answering questions in posts.

macklebee's channel

lol, Mack, you should be a forum moderator.

That would be like trusting McDonalds with your favorite Cow!! :)

:) ooops sorry Mack ...

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Thanks for all the info guys.

I apologize since I had no idea of what could be posted where. It's a bit weird having to think if what you're posting should be available to the whole public or just to SDK owners. I thought the forum itself filtered that stuff; however, since it's an EDITOR question now I know it should be placed there. I hadn't seen the editor forums before.

Thanks.

ps. I just tried going fullscreen with a single directional light and it displayed fine. This is a [sOLVED] thread now.

all I am doing is pointing out that all SDK owners need to start being more observant when they are putting info/questions or answering questions in posts.

Then there should be a way of knowing which forums are public and which are private (like an icon, a radiation sign, a pirate flag or something). Once you're logged in you can't tell the difference.:) Only when you're not logged can you tell a difference between the 2 forums.

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

Well, I don't think you are giving away any valuable secrets in this thread. I just moved it because it seemed like an editor question. There should still be some discussion in the general forum because then the existing users will still go there and it doesn't become silent. And it also gives people a glimpse at how the community interacts, and how people go about making a game.

Now if an unknown user starts asking programming questions in the general forum, that's when I become suspicious, but those cases are pretty obvious.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.