Test 1 of my game

ParaToxic

Hey this is the first test of my new game or rather the controll.

Please don't look at:

-The Menu (was made because of the classesdesign)

-The Gamename( Fleshgore isn't a good name biggrin.png)

-The weapon sway(haven't made it yet)

-The Itemclass isn't ready yet(in this case the weapon is an item)

I hope you like it biggrin.png

UPDATED

• Upvote 1

Thanks,like I said the weapo class isn't ready yet ,so stuff like impact particles aren included.

What fading do you mean is to long,the first or the second from splashscreen to he game?(I have a very fast computer ,so I can't test the timing on slower PCs)

I'm afraid it crashed for me...

Lua error: [string "zip::x:/fleshgore/game/data.pak//data/models/items/weapons/vweap/weapons_vweap_shotgun.lua"]:10: C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/lugi.mod/core.mod/lgcore.cpp:891@lugi_index_object: Index for object is not a valid field or method.

Does it need me to have BlitzMax or something? I thought the exes were supposed to be standalone... Entire engine log is attached

Also, it was too big for my screen. Too tall for 1680x1050, looks like it tried to use 1600x1200 windowed

Edit: I should add, rather than crashing to the desktop. It got stuck playing a buzzing sound. Once I'd switched to the terminal window and seen the lua error, I then had to press escape to close it. Otherwise it would have sat on the splash screen forever

Engine.txt

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

Sadly, I don't think it's going to work on my computer. No idea which shader it doesn't like but even after the scene is finished loading, the splash screen is still there, and constantly being redrawn, on top of a very blurred out world. But I don't normally have a problem with DOF in the editor.

I've uploaded a screen capture of what I see: You can see when I mouse look, it looks like I can see godrays, but I just really can't make anything out. Maybe my card is about to die, mind you, it is nearly 4 years old now...

Ok this is strange,I will try it on my second computer and change the stateclasses becuase of the unstable behavior after loading the scene.I can make a video for all who want to see that.

But 19 FPS at the start??I have about 120 ,so I think it's an error in the shader or something like that..

ScreenHeight GetSystemMetrics(0);

ScreenWidth GetSystemMetrics(1);

Graphics(ScreenWidth,ScreenHeight,32)

This will run fullscreen on any width or height

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

But 19 FPS at the start??I have about 120 ,so I think it's an error in the shader or something like that..

No, it's more likely to be the age of the card. It's an 8800, which now, certainly isn't new. For me, it would probably only get over 100 fps if all post processing was disabled. But I'll stick with the card until it finally dies on me (unless someone wants to buy me a new one of course rolleyes.gif )

I tried the game, but when it loads, it flickers onto a different screen, but then stays on the loading screen. But I can shoot and I will hear the sound.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

Ahhhh I know what the error is ;)

As a first approach for the splashscreen stability ,I wrote that the splashscreen and a few other startup effects like the motionblur or the override brightness should only be updated ,when the AppSpeed is less than 1.0.

So in the case of a slower computer the AppSpeed can be more than 1.0 .....

My fault :D

I try to take AppTime for timing functions so that it is equal at all computers

So in the case of a slower computer the AppSpeed can be more than 1.0 .....

I try to take AppTime for timing functions so that it is equal at all computers

Even on faster computers, it will go below 1.0 sometimes if you are v-syncing (although you weren't in this case). With v-sync it will never really go above 1.1, but could drop to 0.9 even on a fast card due to the vertical wait, and the integer millisecond precision. Perfect 60 fps requires 3 frames spaced evenly apart every 50 milliseconds, but 50 into 3 doesn't go, so what you get is:

frame 1 at: 17 ms (17 ms between frames, 0.333333 ms too slow). AppTime will be 0.980392 (16.666667/17)

frame 2 at: 34 ms (17 ms between frames, now 0.666666 ms too slow). AppTime will be 0.980392 (16.666667/17)

frame 3 at: 50 ms (16 ms between frames, drawn at exactly the right time). AppTime will be 1.041667 (16.666667/16)

But yes, I do like the images. In bold so it doesn't get lost behind the wall of text. But also, if people are like me, with small monitors, 1280x720 is a better substitute resolution than 1680x1050. It would also lead to slightly faster rendering on hamster powered computers like mine.

Ok so the zip file gets stuck on the loading screen but using the .exe's you provided works fine. Looking good, I like the look of the fog and how the shadows are so dramatic. However you need more grass on the ground, more ferns, different types of plants and some rocks and logs and stuff on the ground. As well as bullet impacts. But good work, I like the shotgun animation.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D