Transferability from LE2 to LE3D

Road Kill Kenny

In some engines its automatic but with so many languages that might be difficult. It looks like a prefix of LE for each function is how it will be, but then theres framewerk to consider. Shouldn't be too hard.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Make a wrapper class (or several classes) for LE 2 now, so that when the change comes about, most of your main code remains intact.

Rather than later having to change every instance of (for example) adding a force to an object later, putting it into its own function call now allows a quick two line (or so) changeover of said function definition when the change comes about.

It's along the same reason as why you use named constants, rather than simply typing the value each time you need it. If you need to change the value of the constant later, it's one change versus potentially many...

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

I don't know how to answer this. The API changes are basically the difference between this:

PositionEntity()

And this:

entity->SetPosition()

But of course there will be lots of little things that add up.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Guest Red Ocktober

based on the position of Mercury as it finally turns direct in oposition to Sagittarius and Venus squaring on Saturn on December 18... i'd say that depending upon how deep your code intrudes into the current api will determine how transferable your project is gonna be and how much work it will take to port your project over...

from everything i'm hearing i'm thinking that version 3 will require a lot less deep intrusion into the core of the system, and that a lot of "stuff" will already be done for you as opposed to version 2...

well... that's the way it appears to be written in the stars :)

--Mike