Leadwerks keywords and commands the same as others?

dre38w

I have a question about the Leadwerks keywords and commands. I use C# in Unity and I'd assume the commands in Unity will highly differ from commands in Leadwerks. Correct me if I'm wrong. That being said, I'd like to continue using C# when I go over to use the Leadwerks engine. My question is will I end up ditching some if not most of what I learned in Unity's C# and learning all over again in Leadwerks's C#? Which I don't have a problem with, I'd just like to keep some of what I learned in Unity and the syntax of the language I'm familiar with. And I'd also assume these keywords and commands would stay consistent throughout every language Leadwerks supports, correct?

Developers, developers, developers, developers.

The command reference is here:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/Documentation/le2/_/command-reference

I can't comment on Unity's command set, because I am not familiar with it.

In Leadwerks Engine, we have some inconsistency between languages. In the upcoming Leadwerks3D, we have complete consistency between C++, C#, and Lua. For example:

C++

Model* model = Model::CreateBox();
model->SetPosition(1,2,3);

C#:

Entity model = Model.CreateBox();
model.SetPosition(1,2,3);

Lua:

local model = Model:CreateBox()
model:SetPosition(1,2,3)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 1 month later...

Hi dre38w,

You may find that the commands in LE may be very different to Unity. I wouldn't really know myself.

However, everything you learned while at Unity won't be a waste. The concepts of making any game feature are the same. You would just have to learn the commands and also determine the things that are specific to LE.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you have used another engine before you will be able to learn LE much faster than if this was ur first engine.

omg SPAM ALARM! WOOP WOOP WOOP this is the second one I've seen today

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!