Performance issues

Manuel

Hi there,

I'm making a mansion in 3DWS but I have a problem with it (I already had with another map). The performance is very bad and the scene is very simple for now, the texture resolution are of 256x256. I never had this problem, so now I don't understand why...

My hardware is:

Windows 7 x64

Intel Core 2 Quad

4GB Ram

Graphics card GTX 260

Does anyone have any idea?

post-1522-0-61626900-1320311184_thumb.jpg

Do you have any lua code running with this? Something might be going crazy with that.

you can run lua code inside 3DWS? :D

honestly i never realized you could set it to show FPS... so I guess the question is - does it actually affect your ability to create the scene? are you still able to navigate in the perspective view?

just for reference, if you select all the objects in that scene - how many does 3dws say are selected?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

does it actually affect your ability to create the scene? are you still able to navigate in the perspective view?

I can create the scene but it's very hurt because all runs very slow, is very difficult navigating into the 3d view and put the textures, move uv or rescale, I can't make my scene with this problem unless I want to take a century...

just for reference, if you select all the objects in that scene - how many does 3dws say are selected?

I do not think I have so many objects in the scene, but I don't know...

These are the map statistics:

EDIT: Ok, the problem was the scene length, more specifically the textures in a big scene, when I turn off the texture view, the editor runs very well. The problem is when I need to put a texture or scale/move the UV, I will try to make my scene a bit smaller. Josh, something to comment about this?

post-1522-0-33565700-1320349270_thumb.jpg

yeah that shouldnt be an issue... i have a similar size scene and my fps is the hundreds... have you tried seeing what the fps does when you are not using the Render Mode -> textured view? what does the fps look like in Solid view when you select View>Render Mode>Solid?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

perhaps try re-installing 3dws?

Yes, I have tried to reinstall the program many times, also I have tried with the version 5.2 but nothing... I don't know what's happens because a few weeks ago I had no problems with 3DWS. I have not change anything of my hardware and neither I have installed new programs or something :huh:

Are your other 3D applications slow?

Just 3DWS. I have tried to reinstall DirectX and my graphic drivers, but the problem persists. I have found that when I turn between the different modes (wireframe, solid...) and back to the texture mode, the program works fine with a good frame rate (like the macklebee screenshot).