FBX support in 2.5?

Eagle

I read on the site that Leadwerks support .Fbx format from Autodesk software, is that in 2.5 or that a 3.0 feature? If 2.5 supports Fbx the is there anything special I have to do to get my models into Leadwerks?

Thanks for any info~

Always~

It's the usual pipeline Vickie. Via UU3D or using the conveters provided in the Tools directory of the Leadwerks SDK, in this case fbx2gmf.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I don't understand what the difference is between loading an FBX file, parsing all the data and reconstructing it to be useful, and then loading the data, versus dragging the file onto a shortcut to make a GMF, then loading the data directly. :D

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Fair enough Josh, but what I am getting when I use a workflow where I have to go through a bunch of model conversion is a "grainy" look to the skins and texture misplacement. These models you are looking at in this picture look "Much" better then than what you see here.

I need a solution.

crew.jpg

You have no idea how many people contact me saying "Please don't make me use a converter". I'm just trying to figure out why it's such an issue to some people. If we were loading FBX files straight into the engine, they would be very slow to load, and all I do is drag the FBX file onto a shortcut on my desktop, so I don't understand why it is hard.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Its ok Josh, I've been working intensely with Macklebee and he has taught me many things about the workflow of Leadwerks. I am going to start using the tools he uses, that way everything will look like it should. One of the things he taught me last night was the fact that if you use the model shrink program in the tools section of your site your model will lose all its animation. (Just another example of what converters do to artist)

you know I love you, so make it happen an quit whining :P

Always~

Vickie :D

Why would you want to use a special tool for scaling GMF files? Wouldn't it be easier to just open the file in your modeling program, scale it to the size you want, and save it?

I've had no problems at all with the Leadwerks fbx converter. I drag and drop on to the fbx2gmf.exe, drag my textures and drop on to the MakeDDS.exe then run GenMat in the directory with the new DDS files to generate the .mtl.

It's pretty straight forward and very quick. I do not however get a difference with how the textures look i.e. I do not get a slight grainy texture or anything. It all looks as it is supposed to.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD 5750 - 6GB DDR2 Ram - Intel Core2Quad : Dev Languages Used :- BlitzMax - Leadwerks.

May the sky never fall on your head.

You have no idea how many people contact me saying "Please don't make me use a converter".

..please, dont listen that..i would agree with this is you develop eventually native GMF exporter straight from 3dsmax (im using that, but same apply for other tools), but if not, i found that current way of doing things is rather effective, simple and straightforward..

P.S.

..hey Amon, welcome maaaannn... :D