Vehicle behavior and set up

LandsHeer

Hey Guys, so I'm planning to create a indie game, a Tank based game where you are the commander and see it from the ego perspective.

As a engine I always considered CE3 for it. But the negative points there are, the community support is pretty bad and the vehicle editor and engine sdk is very very buggy and makes vehicles jumping around like gummy balls.... also the price is a big minus (royalties)

I tried to find a engine that looks very good for these days and got some nice features and got back to LE. So I was wondering if LE can handle vehicles very good and what skill level is required to get a tank working perfectly Particle effects, animations etc etc)

Kind Regards

LandsHeer

You can make a custom tank vehicle with LE2. I've already demoed that you can even make 4 legged walker robots, so everything is possible. Setting up physics forces and torques is very delicate though, but with a few tests you will find the right balance, to make it stable and game ready.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■