Exporting animations .obj from Blender

Craig120880

Hi everyone I have just started using LE and I have a question about animation exporting: I have recently modelled and animated a zombie using Blender (it's a very simple model) and for importing my animation in LE I exported all my work in .obj format. Here is my problem: when I export it, the programme create for each frame of the animation an .obj file and i don't know how to import it in the LE because there are a lot of .gmf file (converted with the appropriate tool). I also tried to export from Blender an .fbx file and that was greate because I was able to import also the animation in the LE. But with the .fbx file I can't edit the pysichs so my zombie don not fall down for the gravity because i need the .obj file. How can I do for solving this problem? Thanks to all and sorry if my english is not so good, i hope you can understand my problem and help me.

Take one of the OBJ files, and open phygen, then load the OBJ file and create a convex hull with this. Make sure you give the phy file the same name as your GMF model. I have never tried this with an animated mesh so not sure if it will work.

Suggestion: Use an OBJ file where the zombie position isn't the "T" shape. This will allow the zombie to get closer to walls.

I hope this works. :)

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

Andy_s is correct. Wavefront object files (.obj) do not store any animation data. You'll want to use FBX for that.

There are three types of people in this world. People who make things happen. People who watch things happen. People who ask, "What happened?"

Let's make things happen.

Thanks to all for your awnsers:

Richard simpson: there is one problem if i open one file in the model viewer and i click on show animation it doesn't append enything and that's because as andy and brent told me .obj doesn't support animation.

Brent Taylor: I'll use fbx format as you suggest me but there is one more little problem. With the .fbx file i can't set convex hull as physichs method so it'll be less precised calculating it with a box. Can you suggest me another better way or it's the only one?

I have had no big problems with a box body on animations. Sometimes I reduce the box size to just cover legs of character. It depends on shape of model and what you want to do.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++