Leadwerks referral program

Josh

We are running a promotional campaign for the next 90 days during which the Leadwerks referral system will be active.

You will see some share icons share.pngfacebook.pngtwitter.png in the website header on some pages on the site. Clicking any of these buttons will share the current page you are viewing, with your user referral ID embedded in the link.

When a new person clicks on your link to visit the site for the first time, a cookie will be saved with your referral ID. If that person eventually makes a purchase on Leadwerks.com, you will receive 10% of the sale price of anything they buy. You can withdraw your account balance every time it reaches $20 or more. A Paypal account is required.

You can share videos, images, blogs posts, and other user-generated content throughout the site. You'll be promoting your fellow developers' work, helping spread the word about Leadwerks, and you may even earn some money. One easy way you can earn sales is by putting a link to your profile in your signature on other forums. Please don't spam forums or post in competing products' sites.

This system has just been implemented, so please be patient. I'd rather not have everyone go out spamming the world with links until we have the 2.43 evaluation kit released.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It actually contains the current URL in a PHP argument. The link first goes to the referral system, and then it forwards the user to the specified URL.

I'll try to get Facebook and Twitter share links working. I have to run the URLs through a link shortener so they'll work.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Okay, I have Facebook and Twitter buttons working now. These reference the bit.ly link, which contains your referral URL. Every time you repost content you increase the chances someone will come across it and become a new customer.

If you look at the lower-right corner of a page after you click an affiliate link, it should show "RID: " followed by your user ID. That's how you know it's working.

You can now click on the bitly icon bitly.png and view your statistics for any given page. This will track your unique referral URL for that page and show how many clicks you got, and where they came from. Links are persistent, so you can view stats on pages you posted months ago.

Another amazing implication of this is the encoded URL will still contain your referral ID when it is reposted. So if 20 people retweet your post, those all count as a referral for you if a sale is made by anyone who clicks the link.

The Share URL window will now display a QR code for your link.

qrcode.gif

This is useful for printed materials. The viewer can scan the code with their phone and be taken to the page in their browser (and your referral ID is still attached).

//If that person eventually makes a purchase on Leadwerks.com, you will receive 10% of the sale price of anything they buy.

And what about person, who was invited by person, who was invited by me? :rolleyes:

It doesn't work that way. But if you post a Facebook and Twitter update and someone reposts it, it will still contain your referral ID.