"Delete Face" deletes the tri and useless vertices or sets the vertices to alpha 0 ?

RemiD

Hello,

I am wondering about how 3DWS manages the deleting of a face when i select a face and i hit delete.

Does it delete the tri and useless vertices or only set the vertices to alpha 0 ?

It is important for me to know that, because i want to read all the tris properties of a .b3d mesh exported from 3dws in Blitz3d in order to build my mesh with the blitz3d commands.

In this way i will be able to enable vertex lighting on my mesh and i will be able to build a mesh with only 1 surface with 1 texture. (Sometimes 3dws export my mesh with duplicated material i don't know why...)

Thanks,

Yeah, very interesting question. It will nice to know about indor modelling in 3DWS, something like Maplet edit style, when each model turn faces by it center, and making boolean operations on it with such meshes. If it's possible, think i will buy it :D

"Better" is big enemy of "good"

When you delete a face in 3DWS, it is marked as "hidden" and skipped when exporting a file. The face can still be selected and restored, because CSG solids are volumes, not polygons.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

When you delete a face in 3DWS, it is marked as "hidden" and skipped when exporting a file. The face can still be selected and restored, because CSG solids are volumes, not polygons.

So a deleted tri and his vertices are not exported, that's good.

One more question related to this :

When exporting the mesh in .b3d from 3DWS, does 3DWS add all meshes sharing the same material to the same surface, or does it keep one surface for each CGS solid ?

Thanks,