Problems with shaders

tomasbarre

Hi, first sorry about my english, its not my primary language.

I have problems with shaders on LE i think.

I did an animation in 3d max of a walk-cycle biped with his mesh attached and with the physique modifier. I exported in ".FBX" , then i converted to ".gmf" with the "fbx2gmf" tool. And then i did the lua script so the animation works on LE.

The animation works perfect, and the textures too. But the problem is that when i open the LE, and i throw the model, the model appears and disappears deppending the way i look it, i mean the way i move the mouse as to see the moddel.

Thanks for reeding. I hope someone can help me.

Bye.

PD: the lua script i use is this:

require("scripts/class")

local class=CreateClass(...)

function class:CreateObject(model)

local object=self.super:CreateObject(model)

function object:Update()

self.model:Animate(AppTime()*1.04,1,0,1)

end

end

It's very hard for us to tell what the problem is without seeing the actual model, but from your description it sounds like the model is moving out of its original bounds, and is being culled. Add a couple of dummy vertices to increase the size of the model's bounding box so it doesn't get culled.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You can have vertices in a model that aren't connected to anything. If your modeling program deletes unused vertices, you could always make a triangle with three verts in the same position.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You can have vertices in a model that aren't connected to anything. If your modeling program deletes unused vertices, you could always make a triangle with three verts in the same position.

yeah my modeling apps do not allow me to add stand alone vertices... would have to make a face...

is there not a way to prevent that culling on animated models? no way to disable that in realtime?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel