Bodies jumping..

Gilmer

Hello guys...

As I posted in other topic, I'm trying create a cloth system, to apply in a model. I created a rope with node and joints between it. The nodes I parented in bones, and "apply" physics them. My first problem I was solved, that the performance problem, so I did that talked in other topic, in slice in areas, and go activating the mass...

Well, the problem now, is when the model falls, the nodes are "fighting", and not stop, as if are trying enter into the other..

Have some function to solve this...or some way???

A video, of whats happening:

I am replying here because you emailed me about this.

Realistically, I don't think you will have success modeling soft bodies as a bunch of rigid bodies and joints. That's now how it's done in physics libraries that support this feature. They have an entirely separate algorithm specifically designed to handle soft bodies.

Newton does not support soft bodies, and I don't have any reason to believe it ever will. I told the developer I would have to switch to another physics lib if this was not supported some time in the next 6-12 months, and his response was to compare me to a crack addict, in broken English. So I've had enough of his bad attitude.

Leadwerk you are getting a very wrong impresion of why I am doing this. If you want to go with bullet you are free to do so.

You are welcome to stay around but I am not taking threats like "do this or that and I continue to use it or else".

I few month back you already told me on a PM you were going to use Bullet, and few month later you came back.

you have to do what is best for you.

I am not promising anything just to get someone to stay for a litle longer until the see the next stuff and they start threats again.

I am doing this long Before Havok, Physx, Bullet, and ODE.

I started making Physics engiene in 1997 since the game Thresspaser came out.

I decided go public because could never convinced anyone to put realistic physics on agame until Math Engine came out.

But I am not a CrackHead that will do anything for the next dose of Drucg.

I am doing this because I like it not because I am adicted.

If you want to give me a chuckle, post your video in the Newton forum, say you are using Leadwerks Engine, and ask if soft bodies will ever be supported:

http://newtondynamics.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Sad...

I did some searches too, and see that in the own Newton's forum is talked about it. Well, I'll try simulate this with animations "pre-made", or use other model in the place. However, thanks Josh for feedback..