UU3D Pro

VicToMeyeZR

I just got UU3D because everyone says it great for file formats. My question is, when I pull in a model it still does not have the texture applied. So I import the texture, save it into any format, and reload the file, and the texture is gone again... I am confused, and what the problem is.

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T - 16GB RAM - ATI 5870 HD - OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD

76561197984667096.png

I just got UU3D because everyone says it great for file formats. My question is, when I pull in a model it still does not have the texture applied. So I import the texture, save it into any format, and reload the file, and the texture is gone again... I am confused, and what the problem is.

sounds like you need to apply the texture yourself inside uu3d... right-click on the materials' texture and pick properties to bring up the material editor:

uu3d1.jpg

then set your diffuse map to the texture that the model should be using...

uu3d2.jpg

then just save it as the original format or just as a gmf if you wish..

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

When you export to obj, you must provide the mtl file too. The obj file alone is not the complete model, since half of the information is stored in the mtl file. So, obj+mtl must be always together.

In addition, UU3D Pro needs also the textures. If you don't have the textures available when importing and exporting, they will be removed from the model.

When you have obj+mtl+dds (or any other texture format) available, then UU3D Pro works fully automatic, and you don't need to do anything else than save as GMF.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

A problem I noticed using UUnwrap is that it doesn't seem to look for textures in other folders than the model is in.

Try having every file in the same folder.

desktop: Quad core Q6600 + 4GB + ATI HD4890 + XP

laptop: Dual core T6400 + 4 GB + NVidia 9600M GT + Vista 32

A problem I noticed using UUnwrap is that it doesn't seem to look for textures in other folders than the model is in.

Try having every file in the same folder.

Thats was exactly the problem. Even though I assigned the texture to the model in UU3D, it would not save the textures in the directory with the model. I had to manually make sure the textures were in the same folder and where I saved the new model format.

I wish someone would develop an application, that took care of all the for you. I mean its pretty obvious you need the textures to go with the model, why would a program not save the texture with the mesh? confusing.

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T - 16GB RAM - ATI 5870 HD - OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD

76561197984667096.png