Updater failing to download 2.42 SDK [

Raz

Hi guys,

I just bought LE2, which came with the Leadwerks Updater provided by Josh. When trying to do a full download of the 2.42 SDK, it simply stops downloading after 40 files or so, and thus remains at 0%.

It always stops at "Downloading "BMX/mod/leadwerks.mod/audio.mod/audio.debug.win32.x86.i"...", and when I run it a second time it stops at "Downloading "BMX/mod/leadwerks.mod/engine.mod/engine.debug.win32.x86.i"...".

I tried port forwarding 1 - 100 UDP, running as admin, shutting down antivirus programs or firewall, running in compatibility mode etc. I also tried changing the path from C:/LESDK to D:/LESDK.

Edit: Just as I was typing this, I was able to download a couple more files. I had to restart the application a few times, and changed the drive to D:/, and it looks like it works now (2%). I think it might be worth looking into though.

Hi,

I got a similar problem.

Two attempts to download the SDK, twice I got these :

File "Maps/terrain_arctic_alpha.dds" does not match server file size.

Server says it should be 16777376 bytes, but the downloaded file is 0 bytes.

File "Maps/deserthighway_alpha.dds" does not match server file size.

Server says it should be 16777376 bytes, but the downloaded file is 0 bytes.

Then at the end I got the "Install failed" message. Well aside from those two files ( wich are data related, not stricktly SDK related ) I think everything else it's ok.

Guy.

guy rabiller | radfac founder / ceo

Windows 7 / 64bits | Intel i7x980@3.33GHz | 12 GB RAM | NVidia GTX 480

Try downloading to somewhere other than the C or D drive. I just download to the desktop with admin mode and never have any problems.

Did you checked the logs ? I did'nt realized there was an issue at first, before looking at the log.

I did it on P drive :-] with admin priviledges. I did it twice, same result.

Guy.

Ah, I'm getting the errors on the two files Grabiller... To be honest though, You don't need those files unless you just want to look at those levels. :blink:

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

Ah, I'm getting the errors on the two files Grabiller... To be honest though, You don't need those files unless you just want to look at those levels. :)

Yes that's what I've realized :-]

Nonetheless, the download ended up by showing the message "Installation Failed" wich is pretty scary :blink:

But everything seems to be working so far.

Guy.

I can produce this error. Those files are 16 mb each, which makes them the largest files in the SDK.

We switched to a dedicated server earlier this week. I bet there is a php setting on the server that is limiting the download size.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yes that's what I've realized :-]

Nonetheless, the download ended up by showing the message "Installation Failed" wich is pretty scary :)

But everything seems to be working so far.

Guy.

I also got that message but all runs well for me. :o

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

I believe this has the same cause as the problem uploading files more than a certain size. I filed a ticket with WiredTree. I have set the php.ini file, and the max file size is detected in the system, but it doesn't appear to be working.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I had to adjust the settings in WHM, instead of a php.ini file. It works for me now. Those two files will each take a while to download, as they are 16 mb apiece.

Uploads should also be fixed now.