Blue and yellow boxes

Soamp

first question:

I see two kind of boxes around my models in Leadwerks Editor.

the blue boxes which I guess they are bounding boxes, and the yellow one which I have no ideas what are they.

post-580-0-38051600-1304503200_thumb.jpg

second question:

if I add a skinned model into a scene, the yellow box will be draw from 0,0,0 to my most far point of skinned model.

first hand is simple mesh and second one is skinned model. and you can see boxes there.

post-580-0-18868900-1304503480_thumb.jpg

any related information about these boxes and their usage would be helpful.

Looking like yellow box is bounding box for compound objects.. but i have no idea, why the corner of yellow box is always connected to (0,0,0).

Blue box is really bounding box, but here i also meet some problems: its not updated for physical bodies.

[wait a little, i'll make some tests as this problem is actual and i'll update this post]

Lum, just try to:

create new level, add terrain, add 3 oildrums one on the other, turn on bounding boxes debug and shoot the top oildrum. It would fall, but yellow box would be still started from (0,0,0)

Working on LeaFAQ :)

Thank you Guys

I ask this because some times my Characters do hide and i think this problem is somehow related to these bounding boxes

I turned my occlusion culling off ,but still i have same problem !

Help Please :)

I don't think it's only because of LOD changing and for bbox movements I think we handled that by moving entire model with physic body. (I may be wrong so wait until Soamp reply himself)

we don't use LOD for out FPS character and you can see in this video when FPS will be hide no matter if we are near or far from models.

there are two separate characters in the video. the left one has only a CameraPivot inside(check the attached file) and the right one do not have CameraPivot inside which

you see it do not hide in this case because of an additional hieratchy ( :blink: ). well, we thought we have to use that one (the right one) so we exported the CameraPivot as a separate file and moved that to the right place as it should be. by loading motion on the character, still there is no problem, but when we move camera on the camera pivot with the correct direction to look forward this hand will be hide too.

so we must figure out when engine decides to hide a model.

Attachment file contains both FPS characters. the idle motion for the right character, and the CameraPivot model.

Test_FPS.zip

Omid Saadat

OD Arts Blog

AMD Phenom II X4 940 - Geforce 8800GTS - 4GB RAM - XP x86

AMD 6000+ - Geforce 9800 GT - 2GB RAM - XP x86 (Home pc)

Intel Core i7 - Geforce 310M - 4GB Ram - Win7 x64 (Laptop)

sure VeTaL:

today we found that this hiding problem is not only for characters, but also for other animated models with multiple children inside.

Omid Saadat

OD Arts Blog

AMD Phenom II X4 940 - Geforce 8800GTS - 4GB RAM - XP x86

AMD 6000+ - Geforce 9800 GT - 2GB RAM - XP x86 (Home pc)

Intel Core i7 - Geforce 310M - 4GB Ram - Win7 x64 (Laptop)

Yep, you have almost the same problem as me: physical body are on their places, but graphical are disappeared.

The differ is: in my case it depends on bounding box (which is far away from model, you can see it on the last screenshots in my large bug-report), in your case looking like bbox is on its place.

Lets hope our information would be useful for Josh.

Working on LeaFAQ :)