graphics card

motters

hello every one can i as you please if this graphics card will work with leadwerks engine and 3d world studio

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/pny-nvidia-geforce-210-pci-e-graphics-card-03758033-pdt.html

thanks

p.s

if not can you give me the link to one that is under £50 and avablible at agros or pcworld or comet or maplins thanks

thanks every one!

I would be very wary of this card as I suspect you could do a lot better for the money. Here is a quick overview from a review I found:

From the specifications it's very clear that this is not aimed at gamers. It is aimed mainly at HTPC segment or people who play with very low details at lower resolutions.

The most disappointing part is the 512MB 64bit DDR2 memory interface.

The card does bring Native HDMI 1.3a support and 7.1 LCPM output which was missing from previous NVIDIA cards.

If money is a limitaion I would try and get either an older 8800 card or a 9800 or 9600. I'm not sure what you can pick these up for these days. These cards or any more modern versions like a GTX260 will handle leadwerks well. The GTX460 is well recommended but still well above your £50 price range.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Don't buy that. It has 16 stream processors. That's less than a mid range card five years ago.

I recommend a GEForce 9800 if you can still find one and need something inexpensive. It should be around $100.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

There are still lots of 8800 and 9800 cards available on ebay, I just had a look.

[EDIT] Just saw your post above. That would do nicely!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Yes any geforce 8800 or 9800 is great. When buying gpus all you need to look at is number of stream processors. You want at least 80 on an nvidia card and 400 on an ati card

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Might be a bit late by now, but I always found inno3d cards to draw a load of coloured (opaque) triangles and lots of small dots all over 3D geometry. I'll admit that happened in DirectX 7 thru 9, never tried it with anything OpenGL and they may have got their act together by now, so that may not apply, but just a warning...

This was with a Geforce 4 (don't remember which), 6200 and 7600

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)