Leadwerks compatible with Dark GDK?

Hadashi

0k, I made a big mistake last year, I bought a very expensive Dark BASIC pro bundle just before the price plummeted through the floor. I asked for a refund but they sent me a DVD containing some extras instead. By the time I realised this it was too late to get a refund.

My question is - could I start off learning the basics with Dark, then use DarkGDK to access the much greater power of Leadwerks when I have learnt C++?

If you need to learn C++ I cannot see why you should learn DarkGDK and then also LE, just go into Leadwerks and learn both C++ and game development with it. About the models if you buy Ultimate Unwrap 3D you should be able to convert almost all format models to Leadwerks' GMF (and also to mostly every other format).

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

DarkGDK and LE are basically a bunch of functions you can use from within C/C++.

Like ZioRed said there is absolutly no point in learing both. I own both of them

and DarkGDK is just not worth learning when you have LE :)

LE is just as easy to use as DarkGDK, but much more powerfull. The thing you really

have to learn is C/C++ and believe me, it's more fun with LE's graphics ;)

Ultimate Unwrap 3D is certainly worth a look. Very cheap compared to it's usefullness.

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

Oh can you script a whole game in Leadwerks? I guess I wasted an awful lot of money :P I suppose I could make some 2D games with it, or something....

What are the AI features like....?

Ultimate Unwrap 3D

Is that a bundle pack?

LE2 is not only the editor but above all it's a graphic API to render 2D and 3D objects (and physics with Newton library) and you can use C++, BlitzMax or LUA as your language (also C# and Java are supported by community but not officially by LE).

What are the AI features like....?

Unfortunately LE2 has no other features than rendering, so you must all by your own or find a third party C++ library to link into your project. It seems that LE3 will have some features as other game engines, at least we hope Pathfind and GUI.

Is that a bundle pack?

It's an unwrapper software and many of us use it to convert models through different formats.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

That is a real pity.... Is LW three coming out soon, because if commercial games can have really crappy AI, me doing it on my own isn't going to work out well....

I have the AI plugin for Dark GDK....would that help?

Also, a few other things - can I create unique trees within Leadwerks? I know Bliz has an addon that can do it, but Leadwerks is going to be expensive enough as it is and I'd rather not complicate things by adding Bliz on top of C++....

3D Wrap

Would that be as good as something like 3D studio Max because I have access to that in College and can go in on off days....

Unfortunately LE2 has no other features than rendering,

So what can you do in the scripting? Can you script events or create a rudimentary walk-around level? I know it says the player is automatically affected by Leadwerk's physics - is it possible to change the direction and make then slide?

You can build terain in the le editor and add models and lighting and physics. Modeling is done in a 3d app such as Blender(free) . You can design levels in 3d world studio or caligraphy shop(free)and load them into the editor. Then you can hit game mode and move around in your level. I use Blitzmax for programming but many use c++ which is free.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

So what can you do in the scripting? Can you script events or create a rudimentary walk-around level? I know it says the player is automatically affected by Leadwerk's physics - is it possible to change the direction and make then slide?

You build your entire game in the supported/unsupported language of your choice, in the editor you can build your scene and save into a SBX file that you can load from e.g. C++ with a simple LoadScene("myscene.sbx") command

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

0k then. By the way does your physics engine support hair movement, or failing that, cloth (I hear you can achieve something similar with cloth)? I want my game to have a lot of movement and the main character has a sort of Aztec\Native American\Indian kinda look.

0k then. By the way does your physics engine support hair movement, or failing that, cloth (I hear you can achieve something similar with cloth)? I want my game to have a lot of movement and the main character has a sort of Aztec\Native American\Indian kinda look.

No, this is not supported.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.