Exporting OBJ From Blender

Eric

Are there any Blender 2.5 users our there?

I tried to take a simple Cube... Apply a .DDS texture to it and Export in OBJ format.

I get Cube.obj and Cube.Mtl

In the same folder I convert the OBJ to GMF and generate a MAT file.

So in my folder I have

Texture.dds

Cube.Mat

Cube.GMF

Cube.obj

Cube.mtl

For the life of me I can't get this cube to showup in the GMF model viewer with it's texture applied. Just a grey Cube... :)

I've only had Leadwerks for a few days now so... I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

It must be something I'm doing in Blender but I can't tell.

Thanks,

Eric

Is the DDS in DXTC5 with mipmaps? Can you post the content of Cube.Mat?

OK I will have to do that when I get home later tonight.

I know that I converted my original texture to a .dds using the Leadwerks tool.

Thanks for responding.

Eric

Does blender accept the dds format? I had no luck with it, in fact I still can't figuer how to get a texture onto an object in Blender.

Yes it accepts .dds files... I have been learning myself... I watch as many youtube videos as I can. I only started to use it a few months ago and I find it great now that it is in Version 2.5.

Is the DDS in DXTC5 with mipmaps? Can you post the content of Cube.Mat?

Here is the Mat File

texture0="abstract::Untitled.dds"

shader="abstract::mesh_diffuse.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse.frag"

The Actual image is Untitled.dds not texture.dds ... I made a mistake on my earlier post.

Thanks,

Eric

Try loading the gmf up inside the leadwerks model viewer and see if the material names show up. The main issue I had was the .mat wasn't matching the name of the material inside blender.

If this doesn't make any sense, I'll check and post some screenshots of what I mean when I get home.

BMax 1.38 * Leadwerks 2.4 * Unity 3.0 Pro * Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 - Win7 64bit - ATI 4870

Try loading the gmf up inside the leadwerks model viewer and see if the material names show up. The main issue I had was the .mat wasn't matching the name of the material inside blender.

If this doesn't make any sense, I'll check and post some screenshots of what I mean when I get home.

I just get the model with no textures in the model viewer.. I check the .dds maker and it is set up properly with Mipmaps and DXTC5 formating.

If you have been successful exporting Blender into LE I would appreciate any help you can offer.

I tried again last night with a simple cube... No luck.

Thanks,

Eric

when in the modelviewer, click on the Surfaces shown in the treelist on the left. It will tell you what your material name is... if nothing is defined there then you do not have your textures set correctly in blender... open up a working model like the oildrum.gmf for comparison...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

when in the modelviewer, click on the Surfaces shown in the treelist on the left. It will tell you what your material name is... if nothing is defined there then you do not have your textures set correctly in blender... open up a working model like the oildrum.gmf for comparison...

Yeah there is nothing there... darn... now I need more time to figure out blender. Nothing is simple!! hahahah

I just don't understand that the .mtl file exported with the .obj file contains the correct materials.

Back the the drawing board.

Its nothing to do with flipped normals is it? Select your cube in blender, enter edit mode, select all the verts and hit left ctrl + N to recalculate the normals. It's worth a try :D Although, if this was the case, you would see a few faces.

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4