suggestion

Youngin

can anyone give me suggestions on graphics cards that are reliable, powerful, and fairly priced?

Intel®Core™2 Quad Q8200 @2.33GHz 2.34GHz

4GD DDR2 SDRAM AT 800MHZ,GMT

Nvidia Geforce GTS 250, 1GB Vid Mem

Window 7 Professional x64 bit

LE 2.3

Admin account on computer in use

I think the new GTX 200, 300, 400 series are not too bad either. If you think a GTX 480 for $480 is fairly priced, why not. When I buy a new graphics card, I look what is the most expensive I can find, and I don't look at the specs at all. Then I keep it for 5-10 years and are happy with it. In the end, it's much cheaper than to upgrade your card every year. Now I have still my 8800 GTS 640MB which was the most expensive card I could find in 2007, and I think it will still beat about 80% of all graphics cards on the market for the next 2-3 years.

It's the same with servers. You can buy a new Intel server every 3 years, or you can buy a IBM System p server which lasts for 20 years. In the end, you save about 50% of the money with the IBM System p. So that would be a save of around $50000.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I recommend an NVidia GEForce 9800 GTX. It costs about $130 and it will destroy almost anything you throw at it.

Checked this out and it fits pretty snug into my conditions, although i'll have still have to see if it's compatible with my computer, which being 11 o'clock at night i'll do tomorrow.

I think the new GTX 200, 300, 400 series are not too bad either. If you think a GTX 480 for $480 is fairly priced, why not. When I buy a new graphics card, I look what is the most expensive I can find, and I don't look at the specs at all. Then I keep it for 5-10 years and are happy with it. In the end, it's much cheaper than to upgrade your card every year. Now I have still my 8800 GTS 640MB which was the most expensive card I could find in 2007, and I think it will still beat about 80% of all graphics cards on the market for the next 2-3 years.

It's the same with servers. You can buy a new Intel server every 3 years, or you can buy a IBM System p server which lasts for 20 years. In the end, you save about 50% of the money with the IBM System p. So that would be a save of around $50000

Those are a little out of my price range, but i do agree with your method of buying the most expensive equipment because it'll last alot longer then the cheaper models.

Intel®Core™2 Quad Q8200 @2.33GHz 2.34GHz

4GD DDR2 SDRAM AT 800MHZ,GMT

Nvidia Geforce GTS 250, 1GB Vid Mem

Window 7 Professional x64 bit

LE 2.3

Admin account on computer in use