Program in C++, C#, Lua... What Happened To BlitzMAX ? ?

Guest Red Ocktober

Guest Red Ocktober
This indicates to me it won't be able to do basic things like access OpenGL and DirectX directly.

ohoh... now this statement also has me worried... :) (well, at least it perked my ears up a bit) :D:D

why now are you interested in directx!!

is this a new direction LW is heading... OpenGL and DirectX compatible...

Josh... i really hope you're thinking this one out clearly... you must have access to a whole new staff of coders up there... or you've found a way to clone annika several times over :):D

hey... more power to ya...

personally... i can code in c, c++, blitzMax, c#, pascal, delphi, whatever you decide is the language of choice... i just hate to see a good project go off track...

you've got your niiche... grow it... don't try to beat someone else at their own game... the UDK, Crysis, developers won't consider LW, regardless of even if you could catch up with where they are now with their tools... and the crowd from FPS Creator will never be able to use LW to make a game... even if you happened to come up with the connect the lines componet stuff that was discussed before...

meanwhile... the faithfull who have licensed LW in the good faith belief that there would be a macintosh and linux version, and that LW would be stable and complete by now... and those who habve been watching from the side, waiting... all those people are now to be told to either eat cake or die...

i'm not by any means gonna try and tell you what to do... but if i were... i'd say, finish the current version... deploy it to the other platforms... and someone will make a successful game with it in its current form... and they'll no doubt send some funding your way for further development... and others will see what LW can do, and you'll get more licenses...

ok.. i relinquish the soapbox to the next ranter :D

--Mike

It would be a cost-saving measure to design a language that got rid of some of the extraneous characters of C++. It could automatically generate header files and convert the code to C++, then compile. Every keystroke costs money. How long is the average line length? 20 characters? If you eliminated the requirement for a ";" character alone, you would reduce character input by 5%, and thus save 5% of the cost of that task.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Guest Red Ocktober

please don't encourage Lumooja any further along this track... :)

hey... could you email me the price of a source license for 2.26, and let me know if the code is cmplete enough to compile as is on a macintosh and what would be the minimum needed...

thx

--Mike

please don't encourage Lumooja any further along this track... :)

It's scary how fast it evolves, almost as from itself:
Human 1.0 - The final language for humans and computers.
No parameters are given.
> hello
You say hello.
> why
You say why.
> bye
You say bye.
I understand you, and say also bye!
Human is terminated.
Press any key to continue . . .

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

> Make me a game
I understand you, and say do it yourself, you lazy sod!

It is one possible answer, when the knowledge database has not been filled with possible solutions for that sentence yet. This actually brought me to a very useful feature, so that when you say "make me a FPS game", it would download a simple FPS game example. Then it would be not only a compiling language, but also a help and tutorial system. In future, the answer when someone asks something obvious is not simply "search the forum, search the wiki, search google", but it could be "tell it to human". I think this is not a new idea, since it reminds me of an Expert System, which never became very popular.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■