3d Artist Needs Help - Editor won't start

jesblood

Hi all.

I'm totally new to this engine and I'm lost as to why it won't run when I double click the editor icon. I've tried updating all my system files and downloading the latest drivers for my laptop and Desktop PC and still no dice. The files install well enough but when I go to active the editor the random load up picture shows up and then nothing. It just disappears. Now when I go into the SDK folder and I double click the material editor or the model editor these initialize, just not the main editor.exe file. And even when the model editor is active I tried loading one of my models (a dae file) and it says failed to load. I starting to wonder if it's my system configuration. I don't know. Does anyone have any clue as to what is wrong.

Here are my system specs:

Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Brand: Lenovo Think-pad T61p

Video Card: Nvidia Quadro FX 570 Mobile

Post the editor.log file.

You can load only gmf files. You can use various exporters like 3DSMax, Maya, UU3D, fbx2gmf.exe, etc... to convert your models to gmf.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

No, you can't update Lenovo ThinkPad T61p drivers from www.nvidia.com, but you must update them from www.lenovo.com; the newest drivers support even OpenGL 3.2.

The T61p works fine with LE (I have one too), and its nVidia FX570M is amazingly powerful. It's much faster than the 8600M in my Asus laptop, and only slightly slower than my 8800 GTS 640MB.

Hey Lumooja,

Thanks bro. You were totally right. I didn't know that Lenovo's were so touchy that you have to go to the Lenovo site to get your updates. That's kinda strange. I went to the Nvdia site and installed the lastest drivers and that did squat! Now everything is working perfectly! Thanks abunch bro. God Bless.

By the way, how does one import models into the engine. I'm watching the tutorials but it all seems so far to be about creating meshes in program by code. Can you help?

I use UU3D Pro for all model conversions. 3DSMax users can export directly to gmf using ArBuZ's exporter script ( http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/files/file/7-leadwerks-tools-22-for-3ds-max/ ). LE comes also with some command-line converters which are in the Tools folder of the SDK.

He bro thanks. I was able to use the obj2gmf.exe perfectly in the Tools folder. Worked like a champ. It's now possible to load the newly converted file into the modelviewer.exe. However I haven't the faintest clue how to load gmf files in the main editor itself. I'm sure my Noobness is bordering on annoying. Sorry about that. If you could help or anyone I would greatly appreciate it. How does one load gmf objects into a scene? Thanks.

You just put the gmf files into a subfolder of the SDK or add the game path in Editor so that it reads from your own folder, however then you also need to have the Models and Materials folder copied (at least the Entities subfolder of them).

Help! I have got a valid none trial version of the leadwerks editor... But I still can't download it, even though I have registered, bought it and everything else... Anywhere else to get it??? With the best regards PAINmedia D:

PLEASE REPLY

• 1 year later...

If you had ordered it through the account you are posting on, your account would have automatically been moved to the "Leadwerks Developer" group. If there was an error please email support at leadwerks.com with the email address you used to order and explain the problem.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.