Lights in 2.32 r5

cocopino

Hi,

I'm having difficulties with lights in the latest version. To illustrate:

post-79-12751318118697_thumb.jpg

Leadwerks 2.31

post-79-12751318211007_thumb.jpg

Leadwerks 2.32

The scene contains 1 ambient light and 1 point light.

What's happening in LE 2.32 is that the normal map of the character is being multiplied to the floor and walls.

This is on a GeForce 9600M GT with latest drivers.

Does anyone else experience these problems?

desktop: Quad core Q6600 + 4GB + ATI HD4890 + XP

laptop: Dual core T6400 + 4 GB + NVidia 9600M GT + Vista 32

Guest Red Ocktober

i'm noticing the flickering shadows and lights on objects... otherwise no other apparent issues...

--Mike

I've narrowed it down a bit:

This only happens when there's a character in the scene with the mesh_skin_bumpmap shader.

Here's the model I used (free model from psionic3D for testing purposes), could someone please try this in their own scene with light?

zombie character.zip

Thanks!

example1.jpgexample2.jpg

Here are three assets including the crawler character and a simple textured cube and the above zombie. Run in the Editor they have shadows but outside the Editor Run in the Lua Engine, there are no shadows.

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

weird... i cannot reproduce that at all... i get shadows from the crawler/zombie in the editor and from a standalone lua game...

and i do not see anything wrong with the zombie either... perhaps it isn't an issue with the zombie but rather the room that you have him... what is the material file for the room cocopino?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

It suddenly struck me, I havn't updated my drivers for a while so I went to Nvidia and did so. But the same problem persists.

Because I am using a large terrain. (2048x2048) I thought it may be too much for the GPU and so was leaving stuff out. But the same problem occurs when I halve the size to 1024x1024 and place the same simple objects into the scene. :D

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

and i do not see anything wrong with the zombie either... perhaps it isn't an issue with the zombie but rather the room that you have him... what is the material file for the room cocopino?

You're right, silly of me: the floors+walls had missing DOT3 files. Looks like the engine then just copies a normal map from memory (still a bit weird). Thanks, I can now continue my "Leadwerks Editor becomes death of FPSCreator" project.

So this is not a problem?

Well, it's weird that the engine is copying another normal map when the one mentioned in the material file doesn't exist. It should probably just not use a normal map at all in this case (like it seemed to do in 2.31). On the other hand, the material file was indeed incorrect, it shouldn't point to a non existing file which was my fault.

So, not really a problem of the highest priority.