You've got to admit...

L B

This is really amazing stuff. It is really hard to put together a level that is so three dimensionally interwoven like that. I hope this turns into a game, but honestly this would be fun to just walk around in and explore. The biggest thing missing right now that would add a ton of visual impact is a bunch of gnarly roots coming through the bottoms of the isles. Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more.

Vista | AMD Dual Core 2.49 GHz | 4GB RAM | nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

Online Portfolio | www.brianmcnett.com

What amazes me is what you guys are able to do with it. It's still pretty early in the engine's life, so I can only imagine what people will be able to make, given some more time.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

What amazes me is what you guys are able to do with it. It's still pretty early in the engine's life, so I can only imagine what people will be able to make, given some more time.

I love how you say its early in the engines life cause Leadwerks is the greatest thing since canned bread for me.

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

That's very true. CryENGINE was basically never designed to be a game engine, it was just the code needed to make the game Crysis. When a game engine is designed from ground on to be one, then it's more universal, and can do any kind of game. But it's much harder to do so too, and takes more time and needs a lot of users and examples to test it in all situations, not just for a simple FPS.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I wouldn't call Crysis "simple", but if you have a team of programmers working within known constraints of a specific game, it is a lot easier to program an engine.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.