Test of breaking up a level to blocks

mdgunn

The teleport level is currently very square and all on a single 100% flat square area.  The attached image is still square and roughly on the same level but is experimenting with a broken up level to add the simplest form of visual variation and level change into the level as a test of something which may change to less square, on a more broadly varied level and with less blocks to produce a wholly non-square design.

screenshot119.jpg.54a06b7552d7b48803426edff5e96b1a.jpg

Epic , thumbs up.

Want to explaib a bit  how this level is structured, i had a bit of fun here.

Everything is in one map, its not just one level its multiple levels the same map.

Basically at some point you input a command that open a teleporter to the library room.

When you pass that i move/rotate the camera and hide/show objects to show another room.

You enter a new room, the teleporter that let you go back to the main room will be visible, and other features specific to that level.

This works ok now, but probably dont scale well for many rooms and if rooms are complex.

We could just load another map , but at the moment this is how is done (main room and library).

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

ok I think I see. I think I have not fully comprehended all that is going on in this room. I think to get to higher complexity you really are best with the user taking very small steps to understand by DOING rather than understand by READING (I mean in general, not necessarily for this example).  

As far a single room versus map changes... if it's best this is a single room that changes then that fine too. Maybe things just show and hide to help manage the complexity of puzzle steps, if there are steps. If we just want something complete without having to change much beyond making the room a bir more varied then we can just leave as is the puzzle though I think I did not understand the full scope of how the room works.

I think to get to higher complexity you really are best with the user taking very small steps to understand by DOING rather than understand by READING

Agree, dont know how to do the explain better then what we have now.

The current VR level is like a tutorial and a way to tell the story, lets leave it like that (access to main room and library) just improve the graphics.

After we exit cryo room we need to have some places(tablet) to access the VR..

And will add some commands to start engines/ turn on/off lights open doors etc.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station