Release 0.1

aiaf

I'll take the intro screens. I have a UI library that I made some time back. It's resolution independent and works with images and has some nice coroutine ways of handling doing things over time, like fading and moving, which makes for a nice UI experience. I'll use stand-in UI gfx for now but someone will need to do those. I'll make a separate post on UI Intro for me and the person doing the 2D UI stuff for it.

The UI library I have also includes a tweening library in lua. So if we need to do things over time, move whatever, this tween library makes it really simple. It's nice because it has different types of tweening. Not just linear. It's based off https://github.com/kikito/tween.lua (don't use this though as the one I have is modified for LE a little).

I like the bounce easing for UI as you can sort of bounce in UI elements which gives it a very polished feel.

Ok i added you to the task.

No commits to the map , Salstraf is only one now that can modify map for now because of his task.

Talk on discord with him if you need to modify map.

Btw, please think of more tasks , i dont want to be the single guy posting tasks :)

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

16 minutes ago, aiaf said:

Btw, please think of more tasks , i dont want to be the single guy posting tasks :)

I can't modify your top post to add tasks but for the UI one can you add a gfx side of that. Need 2D:

Made with LE logo

"Company" Logo (maybe something that has LE Community Project or something)

Game Logo that's displayed as main menu screen?

how can we make a game logo if we don't even know what gameplay we're going to have ?

Top most priority right now is a good game design document that includes most of the ideas of the "What type of game?" thread. 

I don't know how we should make one, if we talk trough voice or something ?

We could make a meeting..

For example this

and this

or 

We can just have filler art for that. The other stuff parts for intro are known. I think for version 0.1 the idea should be just get a terrain and character in low poly and intro stuff and 3rd person camera/3rd person movement. That's it. We should be able to move around in this world and that's all for version 0.1.

While we are doing that we can talk about more details, but version 0.1 should be bare bones something with movement.

• Upvote 1

Yes agree with that.

Discussion about world design, share thoughts there:

We have voice on discord or just chat, will do a meeting.

The Game design section of the forum is for discussion about design please use that.

Once we have a document we agree on will be put to documentation section.

So far i try focus on basic tasks for release 0.1. And we need to organize/work on game design also.

• Upvote 1

Binary Station

5 minutes ago, Slastraf said:

I think such a detailed document is nice when you're doing a game on your own or within a company. In a setting like this I think such a detailed doc from the start is just going to bog down the process. Having this doc is more like waterfall design instead of agile which I don't think works well in a setting like what we have.

I think we need a high level idea of the game for sure. We can then come up with 2-3 details for each release. Each release should sort of be playable as a game in some sort of way.

Ok this doesnt work, i was expecting everyone could edit my post with tasks.

Lets drop this and use the Issues from bitbucket , they were intended for this kind of things.

All tasks will be located here :

https://bitbucket.org/alexandru_afrasinei/forth/issues?status=new&status=open

And everyone can add/edit tasks.

Who doesnt have access to bitbucket yet send me their user name so i can add them to project.

Binary Station

• aiaf unpinned this topic