AAA ?

khotan

I think it depends on your version of triple AAA. Triple A usually means made by a big studio. I have yet to see if there is a way to port from leadwerks to console. But for indie projects this engine works amazingly. I am currently working on an indie title for steam and love; how easy to use lua is, how easy to use leadwerks is (especially when creating custom textures and assets) and the community here is amazing (when I get stuck on some code I never have to wait more then a few days for a response).

Apart from the console exporting I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible. But with the console porting thing I am not saying its not possible, I just haven't found a solution yet.

An AAA game (commonly called Triple A) is an informal rating used for video games produced and distributed by a major distributor or publisher, typically having high budget marketing and development. The development of an AAA game is associated with high economic risk and therefore requires high levels of sales to achieve profitability.

In 2010 the term AAA+ began to be used, to describe AAA games with additional revenue, such as MMOs or by using software as a service (SaaS) or by methods, such as seasonal passes or expansion packages.

1 hour ago, khotan said:

Great! Cool Leadwerks can make this AAA !

Thank you all.

I think a single indie developer can make AAA, right ?

The tool has the ability to do all that, but it takes the skill of the tool user. It's usually time to buy talent from third parties for a great texture, a striking model, a spectacular sound. Since Leadwerks has the capacity, it's just a matter of investing in money, time and genius.