Any examples of a car physics system for joints on Lua?

Yue

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

I want to create a physics system for the forklift truck, apparently I can do it through joints, however I don't know where to start, shock absorber of each tire, engine in each tire, are doubts that I want you to please help me clarify.

image.thumb.png.64d49e998dbc8b485be99b051d0945ec.png

Why don't you try it yourself and then post your example if you get stuck on something? People are more willing to help if you show that you have put in a little effort on your own. Start with the example here: https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=API-Reference_Object_Vehicle_Build and work from there. Go through the different vehicle commands and try to understand them. Also keep in mind that you KNOW that vehicles are not exactly in great working condition right with the latest version.

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

8 minutes ago, macklebee said:

Why don't you try it yourself and then post your example if you get stuck on something? People are more willing to help if you show that you have put in a little effort on your own. Start with the example here: https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=API-Reference_Object_Vehicle_Build and work from there. Go through the different vehicle commands and try to understand them. Also keep in mind that you KNOW that vehicles are not exactly in great working condition right with the latest version.

Thanks for the answer, however the current version does not support the car physics system.  Johs recommends me to do it through unions. 

On 6/27/2018 at 10:46 AM, Josh said:

Use slider joints with springs for the shocks, and motorized joints for the steering and wheels. This is exactly what I am going to do with the official implementation.

The thing is that I can't find a simple example of ball joints, hinges, shock absorbers to apply to a car, and not by the car physics system that is currently broken.