AI errors

Slimwaffle

I have tried importing my own character. And attaching the default monster script. I loaded in animations and renamed them accordingly to interact with the script. However I am getting all sorts of random errors. And was wondering if someone could help. For this process I used fuse, mixamo and substance painter.

First error is with meshing. When I create a material to apply the textures to my model.it doesn't let me apply textures to clothes and hair separately. 

The other issue is yes the character moves and the script appears to be working when selecting animations. But I get wild fps drop and stutter. And now the AI behaves erratic. Often stopping and doing nothing. The only thing I can think off is maybe slowing down the animation speeds. But I honestly don't know. Because they should work regardless of speed.

Right now my dude has skin pants and his script and movement doesn't work properly. Is anyone able to help fix this?

Error1.jpg

• Like 1

If you open the character in the model editor, you can drag a material onto one part of him, then save the model and you never have to do it again.

For the other option, is it possible to upload your project? It's hard to diagnose otherwise.

Scene looks cool!

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'm looking, and here it goes very slowly in the editor, I can't run the game since I don't have the additional packs that are purchased. 

What I think is that the models should have fewer polygons, since it seems that all those zombies add up to a lot of polygons on the scene, unless you have a very powerful computer.  

image.thumb.png.ade1dd937e329983a86f577802337617.png

Update - I don't get FPS lag anymore. And everything works fine. My only issue now. Is that when I generate material from tex and apply to character. It makes the character T pose. But from the shadows you can still see the animation playing.

Without texture though this worked perfectly just from copying all the settings from crawler into new character.

Ok I fixed the issue. I needed to make the shaders for the material animated. Apply to the character. (This removes animations) then reapply animations and save.

Now my only Issue is the texture. Under closer inspection. I have discovered that. Fuse is creating the character and clothes on what I think on different layers. Because substance painter

when the model is imported shows them on separate layers. But leadwerks is converting the model from obj all on one layer. Which makes the texture wrap over the clothes and hair.

I was able to get body and hair to separate properly. Because fuse puts body on one layer and everything else on a second layer when creating textures. I would add hair export. remove hair. So only hair was on second layer. And import skinned FBX to leadwerks. Then apply hair textures to blank material generated for hair. And repeat the process for each item (top, pants and so on). This worked great for hair. But now my problem is clothing items aren't texturing properly. Is there a way to combine surfaces in model editor into a single surface. So that I can do hair and clothes on a single texture?

• Like 1