Sound Source delays after Play()

When bullet hits wall a sound source will be created and play.

soundSource:SetSound(sound.bullethit)
soundSource:SetVolume(10)
soundSource:SetRange(15)
soundSource:SetPosition(self.bulletPickInfo.position)

It is ok when I stay near the impact position but if it is far from me, the sound is delayed then played when I get in range.
How can I fix this bug ?

• Like 1

I will look into this more closely. There is an optimization that skips sounds that are played out of range.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Okay, I am moving the check into the entity EmitSound() method, which will return nullptr if a one-time sound is played out of range:

#ifdef LEADWERKS_5
	shared_ptr<Source> Entity::EmitSound(shared_ptr<Sound> sound, const float range, const float volume, const float pitch, bool loopmode, const bool checkdistance)
#else
	Source* Entity::EmitSound(Sound* sound, const float range, const float volume, const float pitch, const bool loopmode, const bool checkdistance)
#endif
	{
      	if (checkdistance)
        {
			if (sound->channels == 1 && loopmode == false && range > 0)
			{
				if (this->GetPosition(true).DistanceToPoint(SoundDriver::GetCurrent()->listener) > range)
				{
					return nullptr;
				}
            }
		}

There is a checkdistance parameter added. By default this is enabled, but you can disable it if you want.

This will be in the next build on the beta branch.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Josh locked this topic