House in the Hollow

mdgunn

Submission for the "Cirque des Jeux" Game Tournament.

Got some crashes going on as I do my usual thing of leaving it till the last minute to get a complex level together and ditching pretty much all the interesting work done up till then.  Splines are roughly assembled so path is a bit wacky right now.

Single level on rails shooting gallery thing. 

Curious what the jarring stems from? Is it the game page 'title screen' looks like it's going to be grim horror but in the end it's just balloons:wacko:?

In a number of respects the final result is in line with the major game mechanics I'd planned (an on rails roller-coaster shooter) but theme and environment wise it's a long way short.

My point of reference was Rush of Blood on PS VR.   I wanted something that could potentially be turned into VR later, without me having to have this as a potential extra set of issues now. 

I think I only started putting the actual final game level together the day before submission at which point I decided to ditch or disable almost everything I'd done so far to get a playable level for now.  Rather than not submit, which was a real possibility thought I'd submit anyway. 

I always seem to leave it too late to put together a satisfying complete final level reflecting what I had hoped for, which unfortunately DOES negatively impact the final game.

Thanks for checking it out guys.

• Josh locked this topic