2.32 Is It On The Horizon?

Guest Red Ocktober

Guest Red Ocktober

kinda anxious to see what the next update will give us... i'm killing time improving my models, trying to get some passable animations, and playing with my boats in Torque...

is the new release imminent, or should we expect to wait a few weeks longer...

nothing to hold you to... just asking for a general idea...

and while i'm asking... can you give an idea of what new stuff you have in the pipeline... and which, if any additional platform support will be added...

thx...

--Mike

I think additional platform support comes only with 3.0, unless Josh makes a BlitzMax only Mac and Linux version meanwhile. But I doubt that, since it would be additional work and it's coming in 3.0 anyway for all languages. As a sidenote, Mac users should rethink what a Mac is, is it the hardware, OS, or both. Is a Mac hardware running Linux still a Mac? Is a PC running OSX still a PC? Is a PC running outdated hardware and old drivers an Apple? I think the term Mac alone doesn't tell much, and there should be more detailed names.

2.32 has at least some important things fixed, like the DoF and disappearing shadows when camera is turned (see bugtracker).

Josh wrote in his blog ( http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/blog/1/entry-187-improvements-for-232/ ) that it would have more FPS too, due to the internal optimizations of the vegetation system.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I definitly support the request for additional texture layers :)

Hardware: Q6700@3.25GHz / GForce 9800GTX / 4 GB / 1.5 TB + 128GB SSD / Wacom Tablet / 3D Mouse /27"HD + 20" Monitor / Win7 Pro 64Bit

2D Software: PhotoShopPro X2, Texture Maker, Genetica 3.5

3D Software: Cinema 4D V11 + Advanced Renderer, Vue 7 Infinite, 3D Coat V3, Quidam 3, Grome 2, Tree Magic, Plant Life

Development: VS 2008/2010, XNA 3, OpenProj, Leadwerk Engine V2, Sunburn pro