New App

Create a new Blank project in Project Manager (4.4 stable).  Open it in Visual Studio.  Switch to Release and Run.  Menu comes up.  Clicking on New Game seems to freeze app.

Replace code in App.cpp with example code from Sphere documentation.  Results in these 3 errors:

1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall App::App(void)" (??0App@@QAE@XZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall App::Start(void)" (?Start@App@@QAE_NXZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall App::Loop(void)" (?Loop@App@@QAE_NXZ)

• 4 weeks later...

I had this problem and solved it the same way but I was disappointed not to be able to use the menu. I cannot see where we should add our own code with this new version of the template.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

If I understand your question: code that used to be in the App::Start function (where you load and create everything) goes before the while loop and code that used to be in the App::Loop function (while you're running your game) goes in the while statement.  That is until you start organizing things in other source/header files.

Theres no bug in the blank template, my problem is my incomplete knowledge of how c++ is organised. In short I do not know where to start inserting my own code in the new template as it stands.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

On 8/10/2017 at 4:29 AM, Josh said:

I just tried a new blank project and it built fine with VS 2015.

It will still freeze though when you click New Map.  Turns out it's trying to load start.map, which doesn't exist in a blank project.

Not a big deal for me but you may want to fix the code at some point.