Editor Front and Back view reversed

post-368-0-71250200-1491460951_thumb.jpg

If you manually change the model's Z position to a larger positive in the scene tab, the top view is correct but in the left view it heads in the negative direction.

I guess the perspective view (by default) is the same as the back view (opposite of front) so that seems fine to me.

The issue was, I assumed that if you reset the perspective view it would be the same as the front view, which is not the case.

If a person stands at (0,0,0) looking at z+(0,0,1) they would be looking into the screen. I assumed that was front, but that is actually the Back view. Looking at z-(0,0,-1) is that actual back view which matches the perspective view. Which is the opposite of most 3d modeling programs even blender in it's backward ways. Also 3d Level editors are the opposite of what Leadwerks has.

So basically Perspective view is the back view and not the front view. For me it's just a break in convention.

For my issue, in the top view the sword is pointing in the positive Z direction but in the left view it's pointing in the negative Z direction, as shown by the mouse coordinates at the bottom. Shouldn't they be the same? Absolutely 0 priority. I don't need this fixed (if it really is wrong) but just pointing it out.

In the left view, the sword is pointing in the +Z direction. Do an image search for "left profile" if you don't believe me.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Sorry if I'm not clear. Visually there are no problems. I'm talking about the mouse coordinates shown at the bottom. In the left view, as you move in the positive direction (left), it becomes a smaller and smaller negative number when it should be getting larger.

Edit: the Bottom view is also incorrect. The Z numbers are reversed. The Right view looks good.

• 1 year later...