4.1 Crash

gamecreator

Since I'm not ready to upgrade to VS2015, I decided to roll back to 4.1 To my surprise, my program now seems to crash on window commands.

bool App::Loop()

{

printf("1\n");

if(window->KeyDown(Key::Escape)) return false;

printf("2\n");

if(window->Closed()) return false;

printf("3\n");

The above prints 1 but not 2 or 3. If I comment out the KeyDown line, it will crash on the Closed line instead.

Any idea what's going on? I'll try to create a clean project from scratch just in case but this seems strange to me.

+ this 0x0087b478 {window=0xcdcdcdcd {hwnd=??? hdc=??? devmode={dmDeviceName=0xcdcdcded <Error reading characters of string.> ...} ...} ...} App *

Not sure if that's what you're looking for. I haven't ever really used the debugger.

Edit: I'm testing what's going on. A blank project with just a few lines did not crash so the issue is somewhere else. I hate this part of coding...

Edit 2: Figured I might as well just bite the bullet and upgrade to 2015. Fingers crossed.

Edit 3: Got 2015 working with a project after a fix to the working directory. So far so good.

Turns out that once I found the solution, I remembered that I came across this before. I previously moved

Leadwerks::Window* window;

Context* context;

World* world;

Camera* camera;

to my own world.h/world.cpp files. However, when I made a clean 4.1, and later 4.2 project, I forgot to remove them from the App class. The compiler doesn't give you an error but it will definitely make your project crash. Stupidity on my part and pretty frustrating.