Prefab texture moves first time prefab is moved

I've created 2 prefabs, both have the same problem. When I place the prefab everything looks fine but the first time (and the first time only) I move the prefab the texture gets shifted. I have Texture Lock ON. This makes prefabs near useless if I have to keep adjusting the textures every time. I am using the stable Leadwerks.

You will need to install the Scifi dirty textures from the workshop.

Prefabs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8AlYY49_v2bRVVGbFN2Y1U3UzQ/view?usp=sharing

When I place the prefab:

eVW4SUi.png

After I've moved the prefab any distance at all:

a7VeERP.png

Maybe the problem is with texture lock? Since I can't get the prefab to work I've been holding Ctrl and move to create an another instance of the door but every time I do this I get weird results like the screen shot below. I tried to copy the door on the left to the position on the right. Every time the texture is super stretched. If I select the surface and hit the "fit" button the texture fits the surface but the texture is now backwards and the editor says that the scale is 0.0x1.0 which makes no sense to me. Am I doing something wrong here?

Map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8AlYY49_v2bNVVySFE0NS1Ncnc/view?usp=sharing

S21CDY0.png

Qz9dQDq.png

Yeah, the prefab system was really meant for models, and acted like a workaround adding shapes to models. The system should be updated to allow you to make rooms and put them together in one map.

Technically, you should make your door stuff models.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Yeah, the prefab system was really meant for models, and acted like a workaround adding shapes to models. The system should be updated to allow you to make rooms and put them together in one map.

Technically, you should make your door stuff models.

That's frustrating, I don't see anywhere in the tutorial that says prefabs should be used with models not CSG.

• Upvote 1

They should work (although I understand there might be a bug) but why on earth would you make a prefab of a single box?

For the same reason you make a prefab of a single model! I want to place that prefab in multiple places that is precisely the same size with the exact same texturing and the same script and script properties. Also if I ever change something about the prefab, I won't have to do it in a million places, just in the prefab.

• Upvote 2