Developer diary - Mission tab

AggrorJorn

yea it is time for a litel party :P:)

the real world is in my head

CPU-Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

CPU Speed 2.40 GHz

RAM 3.5 GB

OS Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 32600)

Video Card GeForce 8800 GT

Video Card Features-

*Video RAM 512.0 MB

Video RAM 256 MB 512.0 MB

Hardware T&L Yes

Pixel Shader version 3.0

Vertex Shader version 3.0

using:leadwerks2.3,2

[ dreamhead.png

This is very cool and I want to buy your game when it's finished. :)

My only criticism would be that you can't be anticipatory with what you have. For example when it says I need to light the fire and let's say I already saw the matches, I should have been able to pick up the matches right away and just use them whenever. I can imagine it being kind of a pain seeing something and knowing that I'll need them but having to go to this other objective to activate the item I knew I would need anyway. Just a thought, but keep this up.

I should just release what I have for my stuff, because it might provide you with some more cool stuff like opening doors based on levers and such. I'll try to do that tonight.

I very much like the in-game mission log, from an art perspective it could be improved with a hand holding the notepad so it's not floating around. Also Rick's point about the matches is very important, especially if you had a quest or mission where the distance between the objectives is much greater. I can't see the player appreciating having to go back where they've just been to do something they already tried to do. Especially when it's something as simple as pickup some matches.

Other than that, so far it looks great! I can't wait to see more from this! I'd also like to buy your game when it's finished :)

| NVidia GeForce 9400 GT | Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93GHz | 3gb | Win Vista |

My only criticism would be that you can't be anticipatory with what you have. For example when it says I need to light the fire and let's say I already saw the matches, I should have been able to pick up the matches right away and just use them whenever. I can imagine it being kind of a pain seeing something and knowing that I'll need them but having to go to this other objective to activate the item I knew I would need anyway. Just a thought, but keep this up.

I should just release what I have for my stuff, because it might provide you with some more cool stuff like opening doors based on levers and such. I'll try to do that tonight.

Good call. The picking up of the matchbox was just a demo and will not be the same as ingame. But that is certainly something to keep in mind. And I like to see your door opening project thingoid as well, I could really used it.

I very much like the in-game mission log, from an art perspective it could be improved with a hand holding the notepad so it's not floating around. Also Rick's point about the matches is very important, especially if you had a quest or mission where the distance between the objectives is much greater. I can't see the player appreciating having to go back where they've just been to do something they already tried to do. Especially when it's something as simple as pickup some matches.

Other than that, so far it looks great! I can't wait to see more from this! I'd also like to buy your game when it's finished :)

Thanks for the comment. There is going to be an arm holding the notepad, but it wasn't made yet. I forgot to mention it in the video.

also thanks for the other replies!

I think that's really cool. It seems fun to me. I like the immersion of checking inventory in real time. Made me smile when you said that.

yes that is definetely awsome...

Working on a major RPG project.......will showcase soon.

www.kevintillman1.wix.com/tillmansart

Looks like its all starting to come together Aggror :)

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

I think that's really cool. It seems fun to me. I like the immersion of checking inventory in real time. Made me smile when you said that.

Just like the Leadwerks slogan "Keeping it realtime" I hope to achieve this for the inventory as well as for everything else. thanks for the comment.