mass in edtor?

Andr3wHur5t

ok i have two questions the first what dose 1 mass =; and my second i tryed doing mass on a box I made i set mass to 6 put in play mode it did not move any thoghts on how i can fix this?

Tools:

AC3D | 3D Canvas(pro) | Texture Maker(pro) | Genetica(basic) | 3D World Studio | Fragmotion |Leadwerks 2 | XNA 4 | Visual Studio 2010 Professional | XCode 5.x |UU3D Pro

Programing & Scripting Languages:

C |C++ | C# | Obj-C | LUA | Javascript | PHP | Ruby

How was your box created? Do you mean you made a GMF model or do you mean you used CreateCube()? If you made a GMF model, then that means you need to create a dynamic PHY file for the model. The PHY files created when placed into an Editor scene are automatically created as a static PHY model. So create an OBJ version of your model then use the phygen tool to create the dynamic PHY file. If you used CreateCube(), then you have to create a bodybox for the box and parent the box to the bodybox.

and a mass=1 can really be any units you wish, since it will all be relative... but I think the community response at one time was a mass of 1 was equal to 1 kg.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

no the box is a .gmf but i have no acsess to .obj i am using 3d world studio to make modles ;mass iis still at 6 ,gravity=true and colision is set to prop.still no change any other sugestions?

Tools:

AC3D | 3D Canvas(pro) | Texture Maker(pro) | Genetica(basic) | 3D World Studio | Fragmotion |Leadwerks 2 | XNA 4 | Visual Studio 2010 Professional | XCode 5.x |UU3D Pro

how did you create the PHY file?

edit-- since you edited your comment above to state that you are using 3dws to create the model, then my only suggestion is that you use the collisiontype box option in phygen. This will require you to determine position, rotation, and scale values of your model to create an accurate physics file.

other than that I could only suggest that you get something like uu3d which allows you to convert almost any model format to another... so you can create a OBJ file

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

ok, thanks

Tools:

Why not use Blender to make your models? It has obj file format and it is free.

There is also a free version of truespace but I don't know if this has obj format.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++