Leadwerks Coverting FBX File?

MadCat

Hi All

I was trying something today

I made a character in a program called ZBrush and exported it as an FBX

Now when I try to open Leadwerks it has a message "Converting filename.fbx" and dose nothing als

Leadwerks only gets as far as the first little window that pops up

Before I made the FBX file Leadwerks opened fine

I have deleted the file and Leadwerks still dose the same thing

HELP?

Since I'm still new to Leadwerks, I don't know if it is a problem with the FBX file itself (coming from ZBrush, it may be too big ?).

One "quick fix" could be to copy another (small) FBX file into the directory that you copied the ZBrush FBX file into.

Since Leadwerks detects any changes in the directories (e.g. when you put a FBX file into a model directory), it may always try to convert it into a MDL file and fail (freeze) ... maybe putting a small / simple FBX file there might help.

I've imported quite a few FBX files and most of them were converted by Leadwerks without a hitch. The biggest problems I have had so far are:

• one (character) FBX file had the textures wrong - although they looked fine in UU3D and Fragmotion
  • one (monster) FBX file always had screwed up polys - again, it looked fine in Fragmotion and I exported it from Fragmotion in order to fix the poly problem smile.png

Over all, the process has been VERY painless (compared to some of the other pipelines) ... not perfect, but pretty darn close.

I think you will like some of the stuff you can do with the model, once it has been converted (like creating a custom collision object or resizing it to a specific size / height) ...

Cheers,

Greyfang

There have been fbx problems at times so try doing a search of the forum if you have not already done so. Thre are ( ibeleive)different versions of the format and some may be obsolete, but the one in the latest version of uu3d is ok.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Hi thanks for the replies

But I did even get that far

I made a character in Zbrush, dropped its poly count and and used the Zplugins FBX Exproter to save it as an FBX fil

Opened Leadwerks and it doesn't open it only gets to the first little window that opens

I deleted the file and it still dose the same thing

I left it for a hour and still didn't get past the same spot

Now I can use leadwerks

trying to get Screen Shot

In what folder?

the file is 15.6Mb if that's a problem

Please Do Not! use this file for you own purposes it is owned by me it is uploaded for the reasons above only!

file has been deleted

the file ZiarxFemale.fbx falls under Australian Copyright and is owned by myself do not use the file

any use of that file is unorthrised and ilegal

In what folder?

the file is 15.6Mb if that's a problem

Please Do Not! use this file for you own purposes it is owned by me it is uploaded for the reasons above only!

UU3D nor FBX converter could open that file, seems like whatever you exported it with did so with a really old version of FBX or did so incorrectly.

ok I thort i had fixed it (FBX Exporter 2014)

Got leadwerks to open (once) tryed to import the file again and leadwerks stoped responding

closed it, reopened it, same thing as before

where would the file import into so i can find it and delete it?

Ok

For reasons unknown it is working and I am able to use my character

Please again the file ZiarxFemale.fbx that was uploaded is not to be used and falls under Australian Copyright and is owned by myself

Do not use the file any use of that file is unauthorized and illegal

As the owner I do not give any permissions to use that file for any reason