publish standalone

drarem

Leadwerks crashes when I try to build a standalone with 'include only used assets'. In the folder data.zip ends up being 0 bytes.

It works if it is unchecked however, but of course it ends up being 1.37Gb in size.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Be careful wiht the "include only used assets" as it' pretty basic in nature. If you are loading something ONLY in code it won't pick it up. Your best bet, I think, is to work in new/empty projects if you think you'll publish anything and bring over the scripts you want from another proejct so your end result isn't so large.

Figured it out, a model using the latest blender in steam (3.76b), exporting selected to FBX.. when I try to create a prefab and place on the map, then I try to publish the standalone, with 'include only used..' checked, Leadwerks crashes instantly.

If I use only the model, resize it and (without the prefab on the map), it doesn't crash and builds perfectly.

Could someone take a look please?

Thanks.

head1.zip

Its not the model causing the problem. If I make any new prefab and place it into the scene, it will crash leadwerks when trying to publish as standalone. Interestingly enough, existing prefabs like the player do not cause any issues. It appears something has changed with how prefabs are created.

EDIT -- Something has definitely changed with the creation of prefabs. The original player prefab is 2,744 kb and a new player prefab I just made is only 1 kb. Substituting my new player prefab for the original causes LE to crash when creating the standalone. And looking through the data.zip file that is created, the new prefab is not there so that explains the crash.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Are you loading anything only in code where that thing isn't in the map in any way? I think that's probably the most common thing that I recall. I don't believe, could be wrong, the logic goes through all the code to see what gets loaded but only includes what is in the map files themselves.

If I load prefabs from script the published game should crash at runtime(indicating the file could not be loaded). What I am observing is the editor is crashing while generating the standalone, which should succeed regardless of what script/logical errors may or may not exist in the project.

For me:

Checked "include only used assets" = crash

Unchecked "include only used assets" = no crash

Yep - as you would expect since "unchecked" just puts everything from your project into the data.zip folder.

Are you loading anything only in code where that thing isn't in the map in any way? I think that's probably the most common thing that I recall. I don't believe, could be wrong, the logic goes through all the code to see what gets loaded but only includes what is in the map files themselves.

The problem is existing prefabs like the original FPSPlayer are getting grabbed by the "checked" but newly created prefabs are causing the editor to crash when performing a standalone build.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

If I load prefabs from script the published game should crash at runtime(indicating the file could not be loaded). What I am observing is the editor is crashing while generating the standalone, which should succeed regardless of what script/logical errors may or may not exist in the project.

Ah, you just said "crash" and "no crash" so I thought you were meaning while the game was running. Sorry.