Warlords

Rick

Thought I'd make a thread here displaying my progress on Warlords. Here is an Aoe (Area of Effect) ability that I'm working on. Big thanks go Gandi for helping with a shader for this. The Protector class will smash his fist on the ground and the effect that you see will happen. It's not 100% complete but the idea/functionality is done. Just need to work on the visual side more on it.

nice shader gandi!

interesting game, looking forward to see the next steps.

question: you have posted many times that you are not a fan of point-and-click style games, but it appears this game is a point-and-click? are you going to remove that feature and implement WASD movement?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Since the game is turn based and moving is an ability that costs energy and is part of the strategy in using energy wisely each turn, the movement will stay point and click. You are right though, in a real-time game where you control just 1 character, I am not a fan of WASD. However, when you have control of multiple characters, almost like an RTS, I think it's the easiest way to handle movement.

Next on my ability lists is the assassin Stealth! I have the basic structure already in place but the Stealth ability will apply the Stealth buff, and I need to get the entire buff system in place. I'm about 80% finished with that. When the Assassin goes into stealth mode, it increases it's movement energy cost, but enemies cannot see them or click on them (by pure luck). The only way Stealth is broken is if an AoE ability hits the Assassin or the Assassin does an attack. The Stealth visual will be drawing the character at 50% transparency for your teams Assassin, and 100% for your opponents.