Game Launcher not updating games for me

Rick

Tj and I launched a demo. The first time we published it had a sound file missing and wouldn't work. Tj fixed that and updated the game player. For him now it works. For me, when I click the game again it doesn't do any updating and so it's running the same old exe which fails.

I've unsubcribed and re-subscribed and that didn't work. I've even removed reinstalled the game launcher and that didn't work. The old content must have still been there because again it didn't show any updating/downloading dialog when I launched the game like it did the very first time we published it.

EDIT: Guess it stopped working for Tj too now. Really need some help here.

The file is stored in USER\AppData\Local\Leadwerks\Workshop\355500. You can delete that folder and it will destroy the cache.

The Steam Workshop system made a big change where the file's location is now known in the Steam folder, and I am going to switch things over so it uses that directly, which will eliminate this problem.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Is there something with the game launcher that needs to be reset? It seems like when I click launch it should validate the game is there and if not download it, but it's not doing that. It's just saying "Failed to download Workshop item".

I've seen this occur occasionally, and it's nearly impossible to diagnose and it stops happening after a while.

I suspect cleaning up the file storage system will alleviate these problems.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

That's good to know. Is it too hard? We want it to be reasonably difficult however. There are no tutorials in it at the moment which probably adds the difficulty.

It will be tough to gauge the difficulty as we know exactly what to do. Hopefully that's going to be a benefit of Gameplayer feedback.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

My main complaint was that taking the fire didn't immediately make it appear in your hand. If you already have a fire lit in your hand, taking another one actually makes it hidden.

The thing you do to get past the puzzle was not real obvious. Maybe making it more visible in the scene, like an actual 3D model that looks like it would react appropriately. It was just kind of a detail you could barely see.

The torch outside the room was something that threw me off because I was trying to use that. Maybe do some play testing and see how other players react.

Just restarting steam worked too.

Thanks for the feedback. We treated the fireball in your hand like a flashlight where you can toggle it with 'f'. You don't have to have it in your hand to shoot it. We plan on having water element too and switching between them with 1,2 keys but I can see how having it always in your hand would make more sense.